- 4 lasagne sheets
- 2 small onions, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 3 oregano stems, stalks removed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tin whole Italian peeled tomatoes with paste
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 3/4 cup chaga life
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3 large handfuls spinach, washed and roughly broken
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Purple basil, sea salt and black pepper for serving
Base Soup; In a large pot, heat two tablespoons of olive oil. Add onion, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper, cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, coconut milk and Chaga Life, bringing to a boil then turning to a low simmer for 5-7 minutes. Blend with a handheld blender - set aside.
Veggies; In a small pan, heat one tablespoon of olive oil and add the zucchini. Cook until golden then flip and cook for a further minute. Add the spinach and soy sauce, allowing the spinach to wilt slightly. Add to the soup base.
Lasagne Sheets; Cook the lasagne sheets according to the packet - I find that cooking the sheets in batches means you don’t run the risk of sheets sticking together. Drain, pull into two pieces (it looks best when you roughly pull rather than cut). Add the sheets to the soup.
To Serve; Heat the soup and serve into bowls with fresh basil and salt and pepper.