- 2x400gram tins tomatoes
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 sprigs parsley, thinly sliced with stalk
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup Chaga Life
- 6 apricots, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
For the Toastie
- 4 slices sourdough or sandwich bread (your choosing)
- Vegan butter
- 4 tbsp Chaga Tomato Chutney
- 200 grams Shredded vegan mozzarella
In a small bowl, place shallots, salt and parsley. Mix well, cover and leave over night to marinade. The salt will soften the shallots and reduce their strength.
In a large pot, place the marinated shallots and garlic with 2 tablespoons of canola oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes then add the tomatoes, apricots, balsamic vinegar, Chaga Life liquid, sugar and white wine vinegar. Add 1/2 tin of water and bring to the boil. Cook on medium heat for 30-40 minutes or until the mix has reduced in size and turned a deep red colour.
Lather onto buttered bread and top with shredded mozzarella. Grill in a pan with a dollop of butter. Flip and repeat. Serve extra Chaga tomato chutney on the side for the perfect quick snack or easy and delicious dinner.